Minimum night temperature for ducklings??

KikiDeAnime

Spooky
6 Years
Dec 29, 2017
Battle Ground, WA
I just need to know the average minimum night temperature for ducklings. Nothing else so please don't say anything that isn't answering my question. I won't be responding to anything that isn't answering my question.

Thanks in advance!! ❤️

I just need to know the average minimum night temperature for ducklings. Nothing else so please don't say anything that isn't answering my question. I won't be responding to anything that isn't answering my question.

Thanks in advance!! ❤️
It all depends on how old they are? If they are only a few days old then I would stick to 90-85 at night. I have not had ducks yet but think they are similar to chickens

I use the following:
Heat
Ducklings need a brooder that is about 90° for the first week and then the temperature should be lowered by 5° each week afterwards. Once the temperature in the brooder is the same as the environment (inside or outside) the heat source can be removed. A thermometer is a great investment for someone new to brooding. The heat lamp should be placed so that the ducklings can get away from the heat if needed. Overheating is just as dangerous as chilling for ducklings.
Feeders and waterers should be placed at the perimeter of the heat source. Ducklings may not go to eat and drink if the area is too hot or too cold.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/raising-and-caring-for-ducklings.750869/post-10611711

Back
Top Bottom