minitures!!!!!!!!!!

Shabby Chic-Hens

My mind is like a Diamond; hard and sparkly
Premium Feather Member
Sep 6, 2022
Maine, United States, North America, Earth.
so, does anyone else here like things mini? I LOOOOVE dollhouse furniture. it's so sweet! and it also feeds my creative side, without taking up too much space. I'm planning on making a dollhouse, making and sometimes buying furniture, and then having a palace for photography with the my little ponies™ :)

if you too like mini items, please comment and show pictures of your crafts!

My mom loves to collect and make dollhouses and things, and I would love to get started on it, however, Neither of us can find the time to do them, and the furniture is so expensive these days!
maybe over winter, everything will slow down.
could I share some diy things I've done here?

here's something I made. it's a quilted pot holder.
the other picture is it in size comparison to an sd card.

Attachments

• DSC03444.JPG
    DSC03444.JPG
    402.5 KB · Views: 4
  • DSC03446.JPG
    DSC03446.JPG
    349 KB · Views: 4
here's our latest set of diys!
first up we have this piece of trash, turned into "china". it's one of those little things that are in the top of milk cartons. I just cut off the ring (which will be used in a later craft) and put some permanent marker on.
DSC03566.JPG

now we get to the funny part: the half-finished kitchen island.
I drew a mark on the box where I wanted to cut it. I cut it with a serated kitchen knife. yes, you heard correctly. I cut a cardboard box with a yellow kitchen knife. here are pictures to prove it.
DSC03558.JPG

then I proceded to cut a few hot-glued popsicle sticks with that exact same knife. I have pictures to prove this also.
DSC03573.JPG

here's what I've done so far. I've placed the table top on the cut cardboard box. now I just have to wrap some paper around the box, glue on some fake doors and drawers, and glue the tabletop on. here's a picture of Flower Burst at the side of the table. (sorry for the blurry picture. I have shaky hands :oops: )
DSC03560.JPG

from the trashed and pretty moldy dollhouse, I was able to salvage two little hanging lamps. here's the one I washed up. the paint was not good with the soap I used, and I had to re-color it with a permanent marker.
DSC03569.JPG

all in all, I think that this dollhouse project will be a success.

Attachments

• DSC03559.JPG
    DSC03559.JPG
    256.7 KB · Views: 1
  • DSC03576.JPG
    DSC03576.JPG
    262.5 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom