minitures!!!!!!!!!!

here's our latest set of diys!
first up we have this piece of trash, turned into "china". it's one of those little things that are in the top of milk cartons. I just cut off the ring (which will be used in a later craft) and put some permanent marker on.
View attachment 3277583
now we get to the funny part: the half-finished kitchen island.
I drew a mark on the box where I wanted to cut it. I cut it with a serated kitchen knife. yes, you heard correctly. I cut a cardboard box with a yellow kitchen knife. here are pictures to prove it.
View attachment 3277607
then I proceded to cut a few hot-glued popsicle sticks with that exact same knife. I have pictures to prove this also.
View attachment 3277629
here's what I've done so far. I've placed the table top on the cut cardboard box. now I just have to wrap some paper around the box, glue on some fake doors and drawers, and glue the tabletop on. here's a picture of Flower Burst at the side of the table. (sorry for the blurry picture. I have shaky hands :oops: )View attachment 3277637
from the trashed and pretty moldy dollhouse, I was able to salvage two little hanging lamps. here's the one I washed up. the paint was not good with the soap I used, and I had to re-color it with a permanent marker.View attachment 3277638
all in all, I think that this dollhouse project will be a success.
Ooh! I love the little lamp! i hope your dollhouse works out!

Ooh! I love the little lamp! i hope your dollhouse works out!
so do I. we bought some wooden crates at joann. they are going to come in a few days. I'll post the whole step-by-step process when I get everything figured out. still haven't finished the plans for all the rooms completely. I'll be working on the kitchen first I think. I already have a little plastic thing that has a sink, a dishwasher (something my real house lacks) and some wonderful under sink storage cabnets, plus a set of drawers. I'm going to have to make a fridge though... and a stove. no house is a house without both of those. Ice boxes just aren't in style anymore ;)

next morning:

6:45 am. finishing up the kitchen Island.
9:30 am. thinking up how to make a stove.
9:45 am. figuring out where to find supplies to make said stove.
10:00 am. sawing cardboard box (with yellow kitchen knife) to make that stove.
10:10 am. trying to make a stove.
10:15 am. explaining why that stove is not built yet :)

next morning:

6:45 am. finishing up the kitchen Island.
9:30 am. thinking up how to make a stove.
9:45 am. figuring out where to find supplies to make said stove.
10:00 am. sawing cardboard box (with yellow kitchen knife) to make that stove.
10:10 am. trying to make a stove.
10:15 am. explaining why that stove is not built yet :)
next day, 5:30 am. that stove is finished.

a few days ago I got the kitchen island done. here's the finished results:

Attachments

• DSC03581.JPG
    DSC03581.JPG
    253.3 KB · Views: 4
  • DSC03582.JPG
    DSC03582.JPG
    317.8 KB · Views: 4
  • DSC03584.JPG
    DSC03584.JPG
    310.8 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC03586.JPG