Mink Attack

karibroer

Hatching
Jul 13, 2015
Anyone ever have to deal with one? We are getting a live trap tomorrow to try and take care of it, bit our female Muscovy twice tonight in the neck. It looks as though she gave it one heck of a fight, she's currently doing ok vet did all he can do for now, she's been drinking water, eating some greens. Hoping she will pull through he got her pretty good, but she isn't bleeding any longer. Our male got away unscathed and flew to the roof, it happened in their yard.

Anyone ever have to deal with one? We are getting a live trap tomorrow to try and take care of it, bit our female Muscovy twice tonight in the neck. It looks as though she gave it one heck of a fight, she's currently doing ok vet did all he can do for now, she's been drinking water, eating some greens. Hoping she will pull through he got her pretty good, but she isn't bleeding any longer. Our male got away unscathed and flew to the roof, it happened in their yard.
We have them here to. Nasty critters, I am happy to hear your Scovy came through the attack hopefully she'll be okay. One way to prevent is to lock them up securely at night and predator proof their run with hardware cloth top to bottom. One thing about a predator they never give up and if you get one there are more. Please let us know how she is doing

Welcome to BYC @karibroer

If you have fur farms near you, it may have been a domesticated mink. Animal rights groups often break into the fur farms and release the minks. Or it might just be a wild one. There is not much difference aside from coat color.

If you catch a domestic one, see if anyone wants it. You can sell it for minkenry (like falconry but with minks.)

Last edited:
Thanks everyone, Raia seems to be doing decent for now, she's eaten peas and we have water with electrolytes in it that she's been drinking. Just keeping her contained and warm and comfortable. My husband set up a heat source in their run last night in hopes that it would return, and this morning when I was letting the dogs out to potty I looked in and sure enough there it was. So he took care of it, makes me feel better but i'm thinking the ducks will remain in the mud room until Raia is healed as I don't think Moby will be to happy to be all alone outside during the day.

Thanks everyone, Raia seems to be doing decent for now, she's eaten peas and we have water with electrolytes in it that she's been drinking. Just keeping her contained and warm and comfortable. My husband set up a heat source in their run last night in hopes that it would return, and this morning when I was letting the dogs out to potty I looked in and sure enough there it was. So he took care of it, makes me feel better but i'm thinking the ducks will remain in the mud room until Raia is healed as I don't think Moby will be to happy to be all alone outside during the day.
You have to realize there are many mink, weasels fox ,bob cat coyote out there if you catch one another will take it's place. It's very important we keep our birds just as safe as we do the rest of our pets.

I am glad she is doing well considering.

Oh ues
You have to realize there are many mink, weasels  fox ,bob cat coyote out there if you catch one another will take it's place. It's very important we keep our birds just as safe as we do the rest of our pets. 

I am glad she is doing well considering.

Oh yes we will be taking more preventive measures from now on as I do love them so, for now moby is outside only when supervised and back inside to our mudroom after that. They'll remain in our home until Raia is (hopefully) better and their home is more secure.

Oh ues

Oh yes we will be taking more preventive measures from now on as I do love them so, for now moby is outside only when supervised and back inside to our mudroom after that. They'll remain in our home until Raia is (hopefully) better and their home is more secure.
Awesome news!!!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom