Minnesota!

Well, that visual you have is probably pretty accurate!
wink.png
They're small rabbits with fluffy hair around their heads that looks like a mane.

Here's a link to mine:
http://andersonsoakcreekranch.com/lionheads.html

I don't have the patience to get them to pose like they should, the look even funnier then. If you want to see some good ones, check this out:
http://www.cimmarononline.com/

Hutchinson here!!!
This is not my first time raising chickens, ( I had a banty flock about 10 years ago, they were simply spectacular with their variety of color!). but, this is my first actually aducating myself about them prior to getting my first laying hens. We ment to have 1 chicken ( a striped one so my 10 yr old could name it Tiger... go figure). I got him that for his birthday, unfortuately, Tiger got too cold, and didn't make it. So then, I decided to research this a little bit. I wanted laying birds, ( knew we would end up naming them and keeping them forever). I am very happy with the girls we have ( Saffron one of the Buff Orps, isn't the friendliest chicken on the planet, but, 1 out of 9 isn't bad...).
Anyway, been lurking on this site since April, just learning and looking, terrific site btw. I am excited to find a MN thread on here!

Princeton Minn here. Lived here most of my life. Raised 25 hens for eggs as a kid in the 70's and it provided good pocket money. Butchered 50 plus a year back then. Used to get the birds form Minnesota poultry and the reds were called Silcolinks back then. Still on a farm but just getting back to birds. Have 25 black and red stars now. Mostly to butcher. Will keep maybe 6-8 for layers. Also have 9 heritage turkeys. I like the Denison idea for butchering them. Anyone know the name of the place? I skin all my chickens but think it would be nice to have plucked trukeys for the holidays.

I am in East Bethel Mn north of the city. I have 1 acre of land and raise cochin bantams, japanese/cochins, seramas, dutch, and some mixes of those mentioned. I have 17 and a broody hen sitting on 13 more eggs. Glad to see lots of fellow minnesotans here
big_smile.png

Quote:
Awesome chickens and art!!! I know there is a big swap in hutchinson, Once a month there are what they call" critter exchanges" in isanti and princeton at the federated co ops I dont have the numbers on hand right now but if i find them i will be happy to post
big_smile.png

I'm in Delano, and just getting ready to start out. If someone is willing to accept an extra pair of hands so I can get some experience (last time I dealt with any aspect of chicken raising was 16 years ago), especially with the whole slaughter thing, I also make GREAT ice cream and jams.

I'm just south of the Twin Cities in Hastings. No chickens yet, but we're planning to put the coop in this fall with chicks coming in early spring. Can't wait, especially after looking at all the beautiful birds at the county and State Fair.

Back
Top Bottom