Minorca thread!

Pics
They get the name from the isle of Minorca off the coast of Spain. Black Minorcas are thought to have came from the Black Castilian,which is a smaller bird (of Spain's land races). .Minorcas where called Red Faced Black Spanish,so some relationship to White Faced Spanish exists,perhaps they both go back to very old Spanish land races.The English breeders of long ago (early 1800's) added Black Langshans to increase the size and stature.The large size has long been bred for ,around the world in the Minorca..

They get the name from the isle of Minorca off the coast of Spain. Black Minorcas are thought to have came from the Black Castilian,which is a smaller bird (of Spain's land races). .Minorcas where called Red Faced Black Spanish,so some relationship to White Faced Spanish exists,perhaps they both go back to very old Spanish land races.The English breeders of long ago (early 1800's) added Black Langshans to increase the size and stature.The large size has long been bred for ,around the world in the Minorca..

Quote:
Thanks heaps dan and Wyandotte I got a great answer
big_smile.png
!!!
I am having trouble tracking some down, so was curious to see if they could be created from other breeds but it looks like the breeds that might make up this very old breed are going to be even harder to find.lol.
Thanks again!!

See! There was a reason I liked Minorcas! ;)
haha, you do love your Langshans don't you rod!!

Last edited:
Got my chicks today. Heres a 7:44 minute video of me unboxing them. They are cute little buggers. You have been warned. :p

No need to put the stones in it, they will not drown in it
tongue.png

I use drinking bottles that you normally use for rabbits or rodents.

The surprise chicken is probably a patridge leghorn (or brown leghorn as you guys call it).

Back
Top Bottom