Minorca thread!

Pics
The Black x Buff cross to improve Buffs takes about five years.Usually the f1 are bred together and a small percent comes buff/reddish.Select males with white leg color. You can also cross the f1 and f2 back to pure buff males..

The Black x Buff cross to improve Buffs takes about five years.Usually the f1 are bred together and a small percent comes buff/reddish.Select males with white leg color. You can also cross the f1 and f2 back to pure buff males..
Thanks for the information. I placed my order with McMurray for late Jan. delivery yesterday. I will be getting some Black Minorcas for the first time, and some more Buff Minorcas, along with some other breeds.

These Buff cockerels are intelligent and are treating the pullets well.

Hey Dan,

Would it make sense to use Whites to improve these Buffs since you would have a closer color to buff? Just wondering. I have pretty big Whites that might help.

Cheers,
Mike

Hey all,

I have a young rooster, I'm pretty sure hes a minorca. Just wanting conformation. Anyway, I'm a vet and have performed a crow reduction surgery on him and am offering him for sale.
0.jpg

Check out my thread on decrowing roosters and also my website, http://www.quietroosters.wordpress.com

This guy would be a good option for those who have some hens and are wanting to add a rooster to the flock but have noise sensitive neighbors.

Just message me with any questions. Thanks for the input.

Dr. James

Last edited:
Quote: I canceled my order for chicks since I had to move my large fowl chickens to the double walled plastic shed (smaller) from the larger metal shed due to cold temps (we ended up going down to 13 degrees or so). My plastic shed is full and no room for additions. My bantam coop is full also.

My metal shed is going back into woodshed status.

I am still enjoying my Buff Minorcas (three cockerels and three hens). This is quite a lovely breed with pleasant dispositions. The cockerels are affectionate with one another- sitting together like peas in a pod on pallets and even preening one another, even though there is competition during mating activity for the hens.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom