MIRACLE~~~LA-200 Dosage AND VetRx for CRD treatment

http://www.xtremegamebirds.com/Dosage Chart.html
The dosages are correct, some of the other info needs updating. It's still a good reference though.
I was just at the vet for one of my chickens. She prescribed some antibiotics for my chickens illness. She told me that the dosage for a chicken is higher than that for an dog cause chicken's metabolize the antibiotics differently. I'm not good at math like the rest of you all, but she gave me pills that you would normally give a 10 lbs dog... I'm cutting them in half and giving them to my Serama, who doesn't even weight 1lbs... So, yes the dosage might be close to that off swine... Cause the chicken need it!
I hope that explains why...lol...

After hours of searching for the proper dosage for LA-200 a week ago, I have finally found an answer! After talking to a Auburn University Poultry Science professor I have found the TRUE dosage for LA-200 to treat gasping, gurgling, congestion, and other symptoms of CRD. Use .20 CC per pound (5lb chicken = 1CC). Inject into breast approx 1/4 inch deep ONCE. Do not inject another dose until day 3! This is a broad spectrum antibiotic that does not begin to dissipate until day 3. On day one, two, and three rub VetRx onto their combs and nostrils and addone ounce of VetRx to one gallon of their water which has to be "faucet hot" to be able to mix with the water. On day three give another dose of LA-200 according to the dosage above and do not give anymore! On days three thru six use the VetRx as used above both topically and in their water supply. Also during this time, put a heat lamp on them and keep them out of the wind. By day seven you should have healthy chickens. This worked miracles for mine who were deathly sick and lying on their sides wth CRD and I did not lose a single one! Follow these instructions precisely and IT WILL WORK FOR YOU!
Ugh. I accidentally only gave .2 CC to a small polish chicken today, I misread the directions. Should I give her the rest today or wait till day 3. So she should have got 1.0 ml or the full syringe today correct?

Attachments

• 15807727044507734498416044636411.jpg
    15807727044507734498416044636411.jpg
    222.9 KB · Views: 37
Just wondering about your birds' problem. Did you have it diagnosed or did you deduce the diagnosis from symptoms? This isn't a challenge. I don't like going to the doctor for myself nor for my birds. Do you know if it is just in remission or if it is actually gone? I breed my birds and am quite upset at the moment because this thing has been hanging on for years, sounds like what you describe, and it is always passed to the chicks. I would so love to be able to breed clean birds this year and have clean chicks that don't rattle. That's why I am wondering about the age that you can give this stuff to... if you know? Its so horribly contagious but not a severe threat to their health until something really stresses them... like cold!
u can not breed birds that have crd if u dont want ur chicks to have it

I have a 4wk old chick. She has swollen under both eyes and discharge coming out of her nose and eyes. She is bone skinny no meat on her. She eats but is not gaining weight. Are these all the sign to CRD? I have tried the la200 in her water as she has no muscle mass to inject... she seemed to do ok for a little bit but now its alot worse.

Attachments

• 20200728_112552.jpg
    20200728_112552.jpg
    236.2 KB · Views: 25
  • received_308994016882397.jpeg
    received_308994016882397.jpeg
    41.3 KB · Views: 20
I have a 4wk old chick. She has swollen under both eyes and discharge coming out of her nose and eyes. She is bone skinny no meat on her. She eats but is not gaining weight. Are these all the sign to CRD? I have tried the la200 in her water as she has no muscle mass to inject... she seemed to do ok for a little bit but now its alot worse.
I gave it by mouth. I think if you put it in water it’s too diluted. I hope someone with more experience can advise you on what to do but I would dose her directly and be careful not to get it down the lungs

thank you so much! I followed the protocol you provided and it saved my two very sick chickens.

While it may have worked with your chickens, the dosing info posted previously in this thread looks to be wrong. The dose LA 200 dose in poultry is 25-40 mg/kg once a day. Given that LA 200 contains 200mg per ml that would equate to around 0.06ml to 0.09ml per pound of weight a day. So, a five-pound chicken would get anywhere from 0.3ml to 0.4ml a day. It also should be noted, that LA 200 can cause muscle site necrosis so it may be in the best of interest of the bird to administer it orally.

I also went with this advice. 3 of my hens were sick...less active, sneezing, mucus discharge in nose and eyes. 0.2 mls per lb first day, and second dose on the third day by injection. Symptoms improved next day after first dose. Completely gone after second dose. It’s been about 10 days now after the last dose. No more symptoms, all happy and perky. No complications from the medication from what I see.
I tried everything before I decided to go with the medication route...like oregano oil and garlic in water and Vet RX on their beak and comb for about a week. Nothing helped.
Also it’s very strange reading that MG and CRD is extremely contagious but only 3 of my hens were sick/showed symptoms.

Last edited:
Yup, same here. 3 of my hens were coughing/sneezing and wheezing with tails down and lethargic. Followed Barred Roosters recommendation and gave my 3 hens 1 ml injection each in breast then another injection 3 days later. Used the VetRX on their combs and nostrils, kept them warm inside the house. Within the first 2 days sounded much better and on the 3rd day sounded normal and were trying to bust out of their cages, so gave them their injection and sent them out with the flock and they have been great ever since. Thank you so much!

Back
Top Bottom