MIRACLE~~~LA-200 Dosage AND VetRx for CRD treatment

Can you tell me how much to put in their drinking water to treat chickens? We have over 200 birds.
What symptoms are you seeing in your chickens? Oxytetracycline or LA200 is an injectable drug for cattle to be used every 3 days. It is not meant to give it orally to chickens, and you should never treat birds who do not show symptoms. It would only treat MG, but not viruses that cause respiratory diseases. You would be better off separating your sick chickens, and medicating with Tylosin powder in the water if you think that they have symptoms of MG. It is available here and dosage is 1 tsp per gallon of water for 3-5 days:
https://www.jedds.com/shop/tylan-soluble-100-g/
If you start a new thread of your own, you will probably get more responses.

After hours of searching for the proper dosage for LA-200 a week ago, I have finally found an answer! After talking to a Auburn University Poultry Science professor I have found the TRUE dosage for LA-200 to treat gasping, gurgling, congestion, and other symptoms of CRD. Use .20 CC per pound (5lb chicken = 1CC). Inject into breast approx 1/4 inch deep ONCE. Do not inject another dose until day 3! This is a broad spectrum antibiotic that does not begin to dissipate until day 3. On day one, two, and three rub VetRx onto their combs and nostrils and addone ounce of VetRx to one gallon of their water which has to be "faucet hot" to be able to mix with the water. On day three give another dose of LA-200 according to the dosage above and do not give anymore! On days three thru six use the VetRx as used above both topically and in their water supply. Also during this time, put a heat lamp on them and keep them out of the wind. By day seven you should have healthy chickens. This worked miracles for mine who were deathly sick and lying on their sides wth CRD and I did not lose a single one! Follow these instructions precisely and IT WILL WORK FOR YOU!
Totally off topic, but we are treating a head wound on our goose. Had surgery twice to clean out an abcess and they prescribed meds but he got diarrhea with them and very dehydrated and didn't want to eat. Can LA 200 be given orally to my goose and if yes what would the dose be?

FARAD doesn't list oxytetracycline as approved for use in chickens, only chlortetracycline, which has no egg withdrawal period, if used per instructions.
@dawg53 's article was from 2012, so not current.
Mary
In another place on the site, tetracycline, oxytet, and chlortet are all mentioned together, on the chart concerning drug residues. Confusing!

Thank you, good info. Do you have links to any papers or just a phone call.

The dosage you listed is 4 times higher then the labeled dosage -- but that is listed for cattle. I also think it is used every day for cattle, so that brings it back closer to the same dosage over three days.

After hours of searching for the proper dosage for LA-200 a week ago, I have finally found an answer! After talking to a Auburn University Poultry Science professor I have found the TRUE dosage for LA-200 to treat gasping, gurgling, congestion, and other symptoms of CRD. Use .20 CC per pound (5lb chicken = 1CC). Inject into breast approx 1/4 inch deep ONCE. Do not inject another dose until day 3! This is a broad spectrum antibiotic that does not begin to dissipate until day 3. On day one, two, and three rub VetRx onto their combs and nostrils and addone ounce of VetRx to one gallon of their water which has to be "faucet hot" to be able to mix with the water. On day three give another dose of LA-200 according to the dosage above and do not give anymore! On days three thru six use the VetRx as used above both topically and in their water supply. Also during this time, put a heat lamp on them and keep them out of the wind. By day seven you should have healthy chickens. This worked miracles for mine who were deathly sick and lying on their sides wth CRD and I did not lose a single one! Follow these instructions precisely and IT WILL WORK FOR YOU!
Is a respiratory infection ever just a 1 time thing? My hens are all experiencing respiratory infection symptoms and I have them on LA 200 but it's my first time using a needle to inject antibiotics and since most of them are too young to have much breast tissue, I've administered under the wing. It's been 3 days since the first dose and I'm not seeing real improvements yet so I worry that I'm doing something wrong. I'm hoping that they get better and that this doesn't come back again and again. 😔

Do u think it’s fine to give a shot of LA200 and pox vaccine on the same day? The la200 goes into the breast and the pox vaccine goes into the wing web

Back
Top Bottom