Miss Piggy is so very pregnant

phelpscoop38

In the Brooder
Jan 14, 2016
Good morning to all. I have new additions to my little farm. I was bought a goat who kidded in January, so very cute and great learning experience. The mama rejected her twins, so a friend of mine helped bottle feed one of them. She also gave me a cutie of a pot belly pig about 6 months old, possibly bred. That was just over 7 weeks ago.
Since then Miss Piggy and I have bonded, shes so sweet. Also so very pregnant. She started showing a noticeable udder, milk line, also teats Feb 10th or so. Now what a difference poor girl. She can barely walk, she doesnt stand up for very long. Her teats are a lot smaller then I am used to milking so I cant extract any fluids from her. I have felt the babies move due to her always wanting lovens. If anyone could help her and I out, My nervousness and her poor uncomfortable self by tellin me if she is actually due sooner or later.

IMG_20180223_201703.jpg
This is when i first seen the milk line and teats 2/23/18

IMG_20180306_113623.jpg
This was a couple of days ago 3/10/18

IMG_20180313_174904.jpg
This was last night, It is very hard to get picks of her backside. I wouldnt want people taking these pics of me either. The camera isnt the best, but she had hay stuck to her, so maybe discharge?
Any help would be greatly appreceated.
Oh I almost forgot, The last few days her apitite has been on and off. She has her favorites, but eats about half of what she used to. Thank you guys for any help!

Wowzer.. preggo.. You got a deal of sorts when you paid for one. Now you will have multiple.
The person who gave you the pig was not very responsible. NEVER keep males in with females unless you WANT to breed.
Pigs go into heat every 21 day. The gestation period rule of thumb is a basic (3-3-3) 3 months-3 weeks-3 days.. give or take. I have had some right on the money, some early but few later.

As far as your situation. Prepare for birth. Yours is a POTBELLY correct me if I'm wrong. P-B's have small litters. 3 maybe.. possibly 4.
Females are called Gilts. After the are bred, they become "sows". Her body has changed and her behavior and habit will change as well. She might become very aggressive once the babies plop out. Pigs are very protective mothers.
24 hour prior to birthing, she will become restless. She will be is labor. She will search for material or anything not nailed down, to build a nest with. I suggest you give her plenty of hay to keep her occupied. Lots of fluid and keep feeding her.
Monitor her dilatation. It will grow and grow, then a small discharge will drip.
We assist, sometimes piglets can get stuck inside of the sow of even worse, the tube if it is to thick. You will know when she has completed birthing when the placenta comes out (afterbirth). I would recommend you let her eat it. I know it sounds gross, but is is jam packed with nutrients and it is mother natures way of giving the sow the high quality nutrients to fortify her milk.

Feel free to P.M. me if you have any questions, or just continue to add to this thread. I am now following it!
Congratulations! If you have any boars in this litter, have them castrated or sell them.. inbreeding pigs is a bad thing..

Wowzer.. preggo.. You got a deal of sorts when you paid for one. Now you will have multiple.
The person who gave you the pig was not very responsible. NEVER keep males in with females unless you WANT to breed.
Pigs go into heat every 21 day. The gestation period rule of thumb is a basic (3-3-3) 3 months-3 weeks-3 days.. give or take. I have had some right on the money, some early but few later.

As far as your situation. Prepare for birth. Yours is a POTBELLY correct me if I'm wrong. P-B's have small litters. 3 maybe.. possibly 4.
Females are called Gilts. After the are bred, they become "sows". Her body has changed and her behavior and habit will change as well. She might become very aggressive once the babies plop out. Pigs are very protective mothers.
24 hour prior to birthing, she will become restless. She will be is labor. She will search for material or anything not nailed down, to build a nest with. I suggest you give her plenty of hay to keep her occupied. Lots of fluid and keep feeding her.
Monitor her dilatation. It will grow and grow, then a small discharge will drip.
We assist, sometimes piglets can get stuck inside of the sow of even worse, the tube if it is to thick. You will know when she has completed birthing when the placenta comes out (afterbirth). I would recommend you let her eat it. I know it sounds gross, but is is jam packed with nutrients and it is mother natures way of giving the sow the high quality nutrients to fortify her milk.

Feel free to P.M. me if you have any questions, or just continue to add to this thread. I am now following it!
Congratulations! If you have any boars in this litter, have them castrated or sell them.. inbreeding pigs is a bad thing..

Thank you so much for your reply, I will keep your name so if I run into questions I can PM you.

Back
Top Bottom