***Miss Prissy*** I need YOU :)

thumbsup.gif
Miss Prissy! That is how we do our turkey and it is the best, most flavorful, beautiful bird ever! I don't know where you got your recipe, but I was flipping one day and saw Martha Stewart. Now, I am not a "Martha" person, but you cannot beat her holiday recipes! Dh and I tried it to see if it would actually come out that perfect deep mahogany color...and it did!

OP-if this is your first Thanksgiving, and you do the cheesecloth and white wine/butter on the turkey...you will really impress people!
droolin.gif
We've been doing it for years and we are still amazed it looks so beautiful and tastes even better!

I had plenty of fresh herbs still available from the garden, so I clipped some and put sage, rosemary, and thyme in the cavity. (We do dressing instead of stuffing.)

I hope you post back and let us know how your dinner went! I know it can be nerve-wracking for the first time. Actually, it is always nerve-wracking for me to cook the bird, even though I do it better than anyone else in the family. It's a lot of pressure, but if you follow the recipe, and set the timer for the basting, it will turn out amazing! I haven't had a dry or unflavorful turkey since doing it this way.

Good Luck OP!

Shelly

Good timing on the revival! Glad to see it, there are probably a lot of people cooking turkeys for the first time this year.

Wash it and make sure there isn't any pilling of the fibers. Remember what ever you use to keep it soaked with basting juices as it will cook and most likely have burn marks on it before the turkey is done.

Back
Top Bottom