Missing chicken!

DoveStar

Chirping
6 Years
Apr 13, 2013
Chandler, AZ
Help!!! Please, I own 6 chickens and love them very much! But I came home from school this afternoon and one is missing!!
1f62d.png
1f62d.png
1f62d.png
1f62d.png
1f62d.png
I live in chandler, az. There are no signs of a struggle; no feathers, body, anything... I clip their wings but it was windy today so maybe she got over the brick wall.. But I called her name (I baby my chickens, they all know their names) and drove around the entire neighborhood and didn't find her..
1f62d.png
I started thinking a hawk might have gotten her.. Any ideas guys?
1f62d.png

Hmm... There could be a chance she went broody. Look under bushes or places she might be brooding.

Hawks usually leave pile of feathers from where they got the chicken.

Hmm... There could be a chance she went broody. Look under bushes or places she might be brooding.

Hawks usually leave pile of feathers from where they got the chicken.

Well, I live in a small little neighborhood that isn't even allowed to have chickens, that is how small of a backyard we have. We don't have tons of places for her to hide, so I was able to check them all. No chicken...
1f62d.png

Well, I live in a small little neighborhood that isn't even allowed to have chickens, that is how small of a backyard we have. We don't have tons of places for her to hide, so I was able to check them all. No chicken...
1f62d.png
I here you, chickens aren't tolerated much here either... Shh :)

You can shake some food, look for feathers... Feathers would be the main clue. Look in trees too.

Could a dog of gotten her and someone cleaned the evidence? Or any chance a person thought she was lost so they picked her up?

Good luck.

Last edited:
I here you, chickens aren't tolerated much here either... Shh :)

You can shake some food, look for feathers... Feathers would be the main clue. Look in trees too.

Could a dog of gotten her and someone cleaned the evidence? Or any chance a person thought she was lost so they picked her up?

Good luck.

I shook her favorite treats while I walked basically the entire neighborhood, and she didn't respond
1f62d.png

Alright, il check for feathers and in the trees.

We have a dog, but he is scared stiff of the chickens. And no one has been home but me, and we have a brick wall so no one would be able to see all the feathers through the wall. So I don't think anyone would come in and clean feathers up :/

She might have barely made it over the fence, and someone could've picked her up. I don't think so, but I'm going to put up signs everywhere and send out an email. :)

I shook her favorite treats while I walked basically the entire neighborhood, and she didn't respond
1f62d.png

Alright, il check for feathers and in the trees.

We have a dog, but he is scared stiff of the chickens. And no one has been home but me, and we have a brick wall so no one would be able to see all the feathers through the wall. So I don't think anyone would come in and clean feathers up :/

She might have barely made it over the fence, and someone could've picked her up. I don't think so, but I'm going to put up signs everywhere and send out an email. :)

A dog in someone else's yard she wandered into, she could of hopped the fence.

Keep us posted :)

I know how you feel, I have never lost a chicken, but a pet rooster I rehomed was cooked up to eat, under stupid circumstances. Anyways, hopefully she will turn up.

A dog in someone else's yard she wandered into, she could of hopped the fence.

Keep us posted :)

I know how you feel, I have never lost a chicken, but a pet rooster I rehomed was cooked up to eat, under stupid circumstances. Anyways, hopefully she will turn up.

True... :(

Ok, I will. :)

Oh no, I'm sorry! :(

Back
Top Bottom