Missing Duck

Dreamin Creek

Hatching
7 Years
Oct 9, 2012
NC Foothills
My wife went down to the farm yesterday morning and we are missing a duck. We have 4 very large Perkins and no way for it to fly.. There is no feathers, no holes under fence no nothing. I walked around in the pastures around where they are kept and no sign of it anywhere. This has us very much puzzled. We have had our farm for over a year now and we had a hawk attack a small chicken several months back but I really don't think a hawk could fly with this big duck in it's claws. Please share your thoughts on what could have taken the duck...

open topped fence? a coon or fox might have climbed it, do you have big non domestic cats or dogs (coyoties, bobcats) ?

I have inherited two muscovies, large them my pekins, they can fly... it's also hawk migration here and I have GHO-

Yes it's an open fence with 5 strands of electric fence on the inside of the field fencing. So my thoughts are whatever it was had to fly in and out. We do have some pretty big owls around here. Also the duck went missing either at night or early in the morning.

Back
Top Bottom