missing feathers not growing back mites? lice? help!

sunket77

Songster
10 Years
May 21, 2009
Texas Hill Country!
Hi everyone! I would LLOOOVVE some help on this! I have 2, 2 month old japanese pullets that are missing neck feathers. They are in a cage that has a wire bottom (temp brooder until they go with the older birds) they are in there with one other Jap (a little older) One nankin and one ameroucana pullet the same age as them. They are also with a bantam silver spangled hamburg rooster, he pretty much ignores them. The feathers have been missing since I moved them from their previous brooder which was a playpen, I assumed it was due to over crowding and they where getting pecked. I have combed the birds over and over to see if I can see anything creepy crawly and there is nothing (they are black which is pretty easy to see bugs on) None of the others are having this problem which also leads me to think it's not mites or lice. I thought their feathers would grow in but they don't seem to be coming in! I am going to try rooster booster I am thinking their new feathers might be getting pecked as they come in. There is no broken skin or scabs, I watch them for a long time and they are not scratching their heads or neck.....ANY IDEAS????
hu.gif

2011-08-15_20-02-32_831.jpg

I have my first tractor and black cross linked chicks about 5 weeks old. Same problem...please any ideas? Your picture could be my chicks.

Back
Top Bottom