missing hen at least 2 weeks back with bad leg

Nevada Sun

In the Brooder
7 Years
Sep 10, 2012
Howden, Manitoba, Canada
I really don't think it is her foot as the other one kinda looks that way underneath,, she doesn't have any wounds but redness under wing and her rear end is dirty,, but she has been gone so long I thought for sure a Fox got her... this picture shows she holds it up, when she puts it down she right away puts it back up, I checked her out and can not see anything visible,, she looks real good , red comb , eating well , was real thirsty, she is in the coop resting... should I be doing something for the poor girl...or just watch her...thanks Kristin

Congrats on her return!!!! What a surprise for you!
big_smile.png

Not an expert, but looks like she might have bumblefoot. Compare to this picture from another BYC poster.

otherchickensfeet.jpg

thank you so much I will read this and learn what to do for her.... Thanks again for your help... Yes, what a Lovely surprise.... when We came home in the afternoon we were driving up our driveway as we are on a hill I noticed her and her sister down on the otherside of the driveway,, well I just about Died myself as I jumped out of the truck and ran to her... I was so excited and confused that I was not thinking... hope I can help her... glad she is home.. thanks so much to you all!!!!!!! Kristin

Back
Top Bottom