Missing Nancy!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by thechickenkeeper, Feb 4, 2009.

1. thechickenkeeper

thechickenkeeper Out Of The Brooder

Nov 9, 2008
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Hi there keepers, well grave news I fear, Nancy has gone it seems, she has not return to the coop now for two nights, she came back breifly the first day, but no sign of her at all yesterday, she didn’t leave a note or forwarding address, quiet rude. It has been suggested to me that she has gone broody, however she wasn’t laying before hand, infact as far as I’m aware she has only ever layed 1 egg while she has been in our keeping. Is it possible that she is starting to lay , but wants to do that away from the others?

2. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    She might have been laying all along and hiding them. I hope she returns, but she could have written!

3. keeperofthehearth

keeperofthehearth Chillin' With My Peeps

If she is brooding somewhere she may be back tomorrow or the next day. My chooks will take a few days to get really downright broody but once they are may stay on the nest two days or more before getting off for a quick break. Try keeping an eye on her if she shows up to eat( she won't stay long if she's brooding ) and try following her back to her nesting sight. Hope she comes back!

Last edited: Feb 4, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by