Missing Rooster

JHans2678

Hatching
7 Years
Dec 16, 2012
I am not sure what happened to him. I have a flock with 1 rooster and five hens. I also have two separate roosters. I have tried to integrate them together, but the main flock pecked the fire out of the younger roosters so I took them out and moved the pens close together so they could see each other a lot of the time through out the day but could not get at each other. then tried it again a week later same result so I left them apart in separate pens. That is the back story. My wife and I bought a home on three acres and decided to free range. Well, everything was fine the first day I was home and around to make sure they did not run off, and no huge fights happened, all went well everyone went back to their separate coops to roost at night. Let the main group out the next day (forgot to let the roosters out) was worried all day work, got off late, came home and they all were in the roost in the coop. Let everyone out the third day came home and the roosters were gone. Got up the next morning and found one of them close to the coop (he has a gimp leg but still gets around well) but the healthiest of the two never came back. Searched all over the property for a carcass or pile of feathers, any sign that a predator had gotten him, but nothing. Would think a predator would have targeted the gimpy leg one not the other but I can't find a trace of him. Has anyone heard of one just running away or being ran off by the others? Main flock consists of 2 Black Australorps (rooster and a hen), two red sex link hens, and an amber-link and a white rock hen the two rooster are/were :-( barred rock x rhode island red. Help me please!!!

I don't think a roo would leave.Keep his distance yes,but not leave.Hope he turns up!

my rooster, Bob, once went missing. I now know (after finding his wing and foot the other day) that his son, BJ (aka bob junior lol!), beat him up and he hid under the coop to die. You situation sounds similiar to mine except you only have him.
Bob went hiding twice, the first time he came out after afew days. hold hope for him, he could stil come back.

Hi,

This is a longshot, but there's been a stray rooster walking around our neighborhood for a few weeks. And, it looks like a domestic chicken; nothing wild about it. My father started feeding it birdseed and when it started to snow out it found its way back to our yard.

It starting to look cold and has lost a few tail feathers so we decided to look into animal rescue and I googled "missing rooster." Your post came up and the timing of it seems about right - 12/16/12.

So I have to ask you - did you find your missing rooster?

Where is your farm? Is it possible that your rooster has found its way to our garage?

If so, we'd love to coordinate its return to you.

Best Wishes,

Allison

Back
Top Bottom