Missing teeth and eating

EweSheep

Flock Mistress
14 Years
Jan 12, 2007
Land of Lincoln
Well my six year old DD lost two and one more coming out very soon...it is soooo wiggly!

Right now supper is a chore for her, she gets frustrated can not bite down a chicken taco with her one upper tooth missing and one is giving out soon. She is not eating well at this point because it hurts too much.

Any foods she can eat????? I know she is good with knives but sandwiches she would need to bite down. Soups are not her favorites for the summer. She is hungry for pizza but knowing that the crust takes a bite that would affect her.

Could always use a knife to cut the pizza crust into bite size bits
tongue.png
i did that when i was loosing all my baby teeth... all i can say is avoid apples xD they pull the tooth out at times :s not fun

She sounds like my six year old who lost the front and bottom two at the same time. Was pretty silly looking for a bit.
lol.png

Pasta is easy and soft, different sauces.
We love breakfast for dinner here and pancakes and cereal can be eaten easily without front teeth.
Mashed potatoes and baked potatoes (loaded with chili/cheese/whatever) are easy, too.
For meat we did a lot of cutting it up into small pieces.

Dental issues I KNOW... so long as you're talking missing/loose teeth you can eat anything, just a question of positioning.

On the tacos... try snapping of the top of the curves... instead of a U it'll be a u instead... then when you go to bite aim a little off center, use your canines rather than incisors.

Same with sandwiches... instead of cutting into triangle/rectangle halves cut into 3-4 narrow rectangles.

Well she lost the tooth today LOL!

She ate ok, using her canine and molars to bite in her softshelled tacos but it took her a while to figure how to eat it without gettin too much pain LOL! Hard stuff, no, she could not chew on it, or bite off a piece of hard candy but to suck on it.

She isn't complaining much, bless her heart, not as much as she used to earlier which she said her tooth hurt and gum pain where missing teeth were recently out.

She looks awful...may have to postpone her family pictures until her front teeth comes thru. The rest of her teeth are still rock hard LOL. I was hoping she would lose all front teeth between the canines but nooooooooo LOL!

Put a bit of abesol on her gum when it was hurting her gum a bit. Pretty tender for now.

The sandwiches, she ended up pulling the meat out when she bit down on it, so she tossed that in the garbage and asked for peanut butter and jelly sandwiches instead.

I think I can give more info than most on this subject... I have an upper denture. I only have two teeth left that are root canals for a base for the denture. When they are bothersome or I just don't feel like putting them in, I CAN and do eat almost anything without them. I cut things or break them into small pieces before putting them in my mouth...lol In the case of a taco, I would put it on a plate and crunch up the taco shell and mix everything together. It is possible to eat ANYTHING without teeth if you put your mind to it
wink.png

Quote:
BLESS YOU BLESS YOU BLESS YOU!

My mom made a point of making sure my pic was taken with my teeth out... I was literally in tears that day, shows in the photos, but she insisted... didn't insist when my sis and bro lost theirs... I loathe those pictures.

So, WTG Mom for being sensitive to that.
smile.png

If she is really craving pizza, try making the pizza on Engish Muffin halves, still chewy but much softer than pizza crust. Or make pizza on biscuit dough, very soft.

Imp

Back
Top Bottom