Missing Toenails

CampnGirl

Chirping
Jan 14, 2017
Scandia
A couple weeks ago I noticed two of my hens toes lookes red and swollen. It didnt look too bad. I thought maybe a bigger/flatter perch or the cold got them. Usually I don't see her toes cuz she sits on them but today I saw them. Oh my gosh! She's missing two toenails and the toes are
20180318_153919.jpg
swollen still. The far outside toe that is kinda red is what the two stubby toes looked like before I noticed missing nails today. That explains the bits if blood on the perch. Any ideas of whats wrong, happened or what I should do? She doesn't seem bothered but I can bring her inside my house if need be. Any help is appreciated.

Not freezing temps now but a month ago or so it was darn cold. Scandia? About a mile east of town and the same from the river.
I meant was it in the USA or over seas, south/north.
I was wondering what your climate was like.
;)

I meant was it in the USA or over seas, south/north.
I was wondering what your climate was like.
;)
Eww, well at least we didn't lose an entire foot! Thanks! From what I have found if it is frostbite it doesn't seem like there's much I can do at this point. She doesn't seem to be bothered by it so I guess that's good however, her modeling days are certainly over.

Back
Top Bottom