Missing Whites in the Egg!!

Ladies-Eight

Enabler
Premium Feather Member
6 Years
Feb 23, 2018
Hollister, Florida 32147
I have six Isa Browns that are laying. I have been getting just enough eggs for my customers. Two weeks ago I delivered eggs to my customers which were at least no more than three weeks old.

When I delivered eggs today, I was talking to one of my customers and she told me that she had about six eggs that did not have any whites. She said she cracked an egg over her bowl and nothing came out. She then shook the egg and still nothing happened, so she turned the shell over to find the yolk attached to the membrane and no white in sight. She stated the yolk was very mushy.

Is this a common occurrence or not? I have two Isa Browns that are four years and eight years old and four Isa Browns that are two years and six months old. Does the age of the chickens in any way figure into the missing whites?

I would appreciate any assistance you are able to give me.

Thanks!!!

I have six Isa Browns that are laying. I have been getting just enough eggs for my customers. Two weeks ago I delivered eggs to my customers which were at least no more than three weeks old.

When I delivered eggs today, I was talking to one of my customers and she told me that she had about six eggs that did not have any whites. She said she cracked an egg over her bowl and nothing came out. She then shook the egg and still nothing happened, so she turned the shell over to find the yolk attached to the membrane and no white in sight. She stated the yolk was very mushy.

Is this a common occurrence or not? I have two Isa Browns that are four years and eight years old and four Isa Browns that are two years and six months old. Does the age of the chickens in any way figure into the missing whites?

I would appreciate any assistance you are able to give me.

Thanks!!!
Probably both age and maybe stress has a factor too. Are they free ranged? Can we see how big your coop is?

Back
Top Bottom