MISSISSIPPI! The Magnolia State right here! ;)

I am in the Greenville area. I have a variety of breeds, BLR Wyandottes, Speckled Sussex, New Hampshire Reds, Partridge Rocks, Dominiques, also some mixed breeds.

Quote:
welcome-byc.gif
from Alcorn county

Thanks for the welcomes. For me what started out as getting chickens for eggs and meat has turned into something else. I love watching my chickens scratch around the garden area(when we don't have anything planted...LOL) for bugs and worms. We have one hen(a speckled Sussex) that is quite a character, she is quite vocal and comes running the moment she hears our door open.
gig.gif
:

Nice to see other Mississippi folks! Thanks for the welcome!

That's funny about the sussex they are a lil smarted than u would think, they learn how u are! Basically if your going to feed them or eat them... Mine stay VERY confused lol... But I really don't eat mine very often, but the existing ones don't know that they just see them abducted regularly, when I make culls or sell some or move some to other coops.

Of the 2 hatchings we had this past spring, we did get a total of 12 chicks and 3 of those were pure speckled sussex 2 roos and 1 hen. We have 4 SS total. The 2 roos seem to get along fine. I love the breed.

Back
Top Bottom