Misspelling

Pics
How about English town names like Worcester (ˈwʊstə), Leicester (ˈlɛstə), Gloucester (ˈglɒstə) and Norwich (ˈnɒrɪʤ)? These, among others, are very commonly mispronounced by foreigners.
They’re mispronounced even by other Americans! :D most people outside New England pronounce the first and third totally wrong. ;)

I thought it was Ill uh NOY :oops:
Yes, that is how I was taught it should be pronounced. Sorry, am I not making sense? I am trying to say that it bugs me when I hear it pronounced with the S at the end, and that here, of all places, right next door to that state, I keep hearing it pronounced that way. :he

Yes, that is how I was taught it should be pronounced. Sorry, am I not making sense? I am trying to say that it bugs me when I hear it pronounced with the S at the end, and that here, of all places, right next door to that state, I keep hearing it pronounced that way. :he
Nah you’re making sense! Sorry :oops: I got that part but it just confused me when you said it should probably be pronounced the other way and I was like wait 😂🤣🙈

Well these are all English city/town names, so in that case Americans would be foreigners. But I realized that some of these are also cities in New England.
Oh okay that makes sense! I just know the ones I mentioned cause being from here haha although according to Google the other two are also New England cities 😂🤣 I think we have a lot of English names here haha

Haha, don't let's get started with place names! I could throw Jemez at you from New Mexico, which is pronounced HAY-muss, and I can't even tell you what to do with Tlaquepaque! :gig
:lau :gig :lau oh gosh!!

I hate when people pronounce Worcester as WAR CHESTER or WOO CHESTER or anything like that.

It’s WOOSTER. Or actually maybe not WOO.

Or if you’re a true New Englander, WOO STAH

Back
Top Bottom