Mist and Cool ... missing days ...

CarolynEarley

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jun 16, 2012
I have started misting and cooling my muscovy and other duck eggs as directed, but there will be 3 days that I am away and they will not be done. These are, unfortunately, probably the most important 3 days i.e. Duck days 22-24 and corresponding Muscovy final pre-hatch days. Would it be a good idea to do the mist and cool twice a day on the 3 days prior to this, or should I just do the other days as per the instructions and keep my fingers crossed? Any advice appreciated.

I don't think I'd do an extra cooling period the days before and after, but maybe just an extra misting instead? I'm with Amiga, would it be possible to have a friend, neighbor, or family member come over once a day to do that for you? If it's absolutely impossible, I think they'd be ok. After all, not everyone does the cooling/misting thing anyway. (I do it myself now, but when I worked as an Avian Keeper we never did that with the waterfowl eggs and they didn't seem to have any problems.)

Unfortunately it is not possible for anyone else to do the mist and cool for me on those days. Thanks for your response.

Back
Top Bottom