Misting system suggestions for timer!

9reasons

Chirping
Oct 29, 2022
We have just installed a misting system for our chickens. We have run a hose to the back of the coop outside in the shade and put three misters on it low to the ground to wet the ground. I understand chickens like to stand on wet ground and cool down and don’t necessarily like getting wet, hence the low height of the misters. Could anybody recommend a timing sequence or let me know what they put on their timer? I was thinking perhaps five minutes every half an hour? No idea as we have just put it in. It’s mainly for the very hot weather so they get used to having a cool spot. Thanks.
IMG_0745.jpeg

Last edited:
We have just installed a misting system for our chickens. We have run a hose to the back of the coop outside in the shade and put three misters on it low to the ground to wet the ground. I understand chickens like to stand on wet ground and cool down and don’t necessarily like getting wet, hence the low height of the misters. Could anybody recommend a timing sequence or let me know what they put on their timer? I was thinking perhaps five minutes every half an hour? No idea as we have just put it in. It’s mainly for the very hot weather so they get used to having a cool spot. Thanks.View attachment 3650136
Well if this isn't just the neatest thing to try cool down chickens on hot days! Honestly, what I would do is go out there barefoot and run it, then shut it off and see how long it takes to evaporate in the heat and start getting hot again. My guess would be on the hottest days, maybe 15 minutes.

Well if this isn't just the neatest thing to try cool down chickens on hot days! Honestly, what I would do is go out there barefoot and run it, then shut it off and see how long it takes to evaporate in the heat and start getting hot again. My guess would be on the hottest days, maybe 15 minutes.
Thank you 😊

Back
Top Bottom