Mite infestation Sorted

MenagerieMayhem

Chirping
5 Years
May 12, 2016
Lake District, BOP, New Zealand
I have re-discovered a natural, safe and full proof way of dealing with this serious problem, after losing my favourite rooster Little Red,to the brain infection caused by the mites entering the ear canals. Mash many cloves of garlic with any natural vegetable oil, olive or rice bran work best, then pass through a fine sieve, to make an oily garlicky lotion. Use this mixture and with your hands rub throughout feathers, wings,,tummy and especially around the head, neck and ears. Change all bedding, I also sprinkled diatomaceous earth underneath the new bedding. Within 3 days I had no mites anywhere, adding garlic powder every now and then to some wet food for them also stops mites and helps get rid of some intestinal parasites.

a natural, safe and full proof way of dealing with this serious problem
Just because something is natural, doesn't always mean it's safe.
Permethrin is a synthetic form of a naturally occurring insecticide produced by chrysanthemums. It is safe and effective when properly diluted and applied at the correct intervals.
What you described would have to be repeated and I imagine the birds' feathers were a fright after rubbing oil all over them.
also stops mites and helps get rid of some intestinal parasites
Can you please provide a link to quantitative laboratory data that supports this statement?

Internal parasites are eradicated with species appropriate anthelmintics, not garlic.

Back
Top Bottom