miter saw or table saw

Quote:
Oh duh, yes now I understand, I also looked at a video on "finehomebuilding.com" that explained both the "ripstick" he mentions and the use of the 2x4 scrap. i just need to figure out how to set the depth of my circ saw, lol. I'm sure that'll not be so hard, once I have a look at it. I have never messed with that, that's all.

For cutting 4x8 sheets: Put 2 horses about 6' part. Put 2x4's across them - 8' works fine, 10' sticks out and gets in your way. You have a table. This works for crosscutting your sheetgoods. Yes, your blade will put little marks in the 2x4's, so choose accordingly and set your blade depth to not cut your boards in half as well.

For ripping sheetgoods, you put another pair of 2x4's down, so now you have 4 parallel boards, perpendicular to the sawhorses. Then each side of the cut, the workpiece and offcut, are each resting on a pair of 2x4's. No dropping or sagging. You can make it more complicated with crosspieces screwed from underneath, or not, depending on how much cutting you need to do and how much hassle it is to keep resetting the 2x4's.

Back
Top Bottom