Mites, everywhere

I also use poultry dust in the nest boxes. If wild birds get into the coops they can re-introduce them. Also there are some mites that hide in the cracks and crevices of the coops and only come out at night to feed on the birds so you have to thoroughly spray everywhere, every crack and crevice.

ElectorPSP.jpg

Elector PSP is quite expensive. Permethrin has worked for me and costs way less. I have several coops. I actually mix the concentrate in a backpack sprayer. Years ago when I first discovered mites, I tried a lot of different things. With either product there is no egg withdrawal period so the eggs are safe to eat. Good luck...

Sevin is no longer approved for use on poultry. With permethrin there is no egg withdrawal period so the eggs are safe to eat. If you are using permethrin once a week for 3 or 4 weeks completely treating your coop thoroughly, everywhere, every crack and crevice. I spray the walls , ceiling, on and under the roosts, everywhere. I use a backpack sprayer but I have several coops so when I treat one coop I treat all of the coops. In the past I used a gallon sprayer with a wand to get into the hard to reach areas. I know I have posted this previously.

Permethrin10ConcentrateMix.jpg

Attachments

• GallonSprayer.jpeg
    GallonSprayer.jpeg
    352.3 KB · Views: 1
  • ScottsGallonSprayer.jpg
    ScottsGallonSprayer.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom