Mites everywhere

PippinTheChicken

🧡🤍💙
Mar 19, 2021
UK
My Coop
My Coop
I found one of my baby chicks dead this morning. There were red and grey mites all over the coop and run.
I've removed all the bedding, sprayed and scrubbed down the roosts and nest box, then covered the coop, roosts and nest boxes with a bleach-type spray. I've replaced the bedding and mixed some mite powder into it.
They seem to be all gone for now.

I'm super upset and stressed from the whole day and I need advice about how to make sure they don't hurt my hens and my remaining 2 chicks.

I'm sorry! :hugs

Did you look over the chicks to see if there's any mites remaining on them? If they have any on them, then lightly dust them with permethrin powder. (mite dust)
Same with your hens.

I'm sorry! :hugs

Did you look over the chicks to see if there's any mites remaining on them? If they have any on them, then lightly dust them with permethrin powder. (mite dust)
Same with your hens.
I've checked the Chicks and didn't see any, but I massaged a little bit of dE into their feathers. I've checked a few of the hens too and saw none, but I'll be buying some more mite supplies tommorow and I'll get more mite dust

@PippinTheChicken I am very sorry to hear about the loss of your chick :hugs I would recommend you use this in your housing. Instructions for use are in the link. It’s a super mite killer and I would highly recommend it ~ Nettex mite kill
Also for dusting birds I like to use this Battles product as it also contains permethrin ~ Battles mite powder

@PippinTheChicken I am very sorry to hear about the loss of your chick :hugs
Thank you
I would recommend you use this in your housing. Instructions for use are in the link. It’s a super mite killer and I would highly recommend it ~ Nettex mite kill
I think I've seen this in the feed store before. Otherwise I'll get something similar.
Also for dusting birds I like to use this Battles product as it also contains permethrin ~ Battles mite powder
Don't think I've seen this but I'll be looking for something with permethrin.

Thank you for the suggestions

I just came back from the feed store. The owner suggested this dust because they have had good luck with it. And I bought a spray, and 2 other things for my first aid kit too.

20220620_162358_HDR.jpg

Back
Top Bottom