Mites, fleas I don't know what it is but my flock is fool of them

VPerfeito

Chirping
Apr 10, 2020
Braga - Portugal
Hello. I have raised 12 chiken from egg. They are 3/4 month old. They all live together but I recently noticed that whenever I go do their housing and touch any of them or the structure itself my arms fill up with little (almost microscopic creatures with no colour or darker - black/brown ). These creatures crawl all over me. The feeder was full of them, hundreds/ thousands. I will buy a podder to apply to them. My question are 1) how should I apply the powder and 2 )can you tell me what kind of bugs are these for my description. Even the poltry is infested of the small bugs (when I grab it my arms are instantly infested ) - sorry for my English (not native speaker) Thank you

It could be lice which live on the chickens, or mites that live on the chickens, and some will hide in the cracks and crevices of the coop in daytime. Permethrin or pyrethrin spray or powder are good to use if you can get those. A product with spinosad is alos good, but may be more expensive. Sulfur powder or neem oil are other products that may be helpful. DE unfortunately is not effective with an outbreak.

Back
Top Bottom