Mites or Lice

Thank you!!! When you spray this, do you remove all bedding first, and and should you let it sit? I can completely clean out the coop, but I don’t where to house the girls at night if it needs to sit, and then how often would I be completely removing all shavings and hay? Thanks again!
Yes...trash all the current bedding. You can put the birds back in the coop in about 30 mintues or so.

Thank you!!!
The first picture of the spray I posted is the easiest to use because it is ready to use...no mixing required. The second photo...those concentrates need to be mixed with water. Let me know which one you buy and I'll help you calculate the ratio. You do not want to mix it too weak.

I thought ducks/water fowl didn't get mites/lice? I maybe wrong but agree with FarmerGirl101, it don't look like a mite, mites are really tiny & found (chickens) around the vent area, under the wings & for sure on the roosts.

:bow @WVduckchick @BantyChooks @casportpony @dawg53
Thank you all in advance for your help in this
Ducks *can* get all of the same bugs as chickens. :D

@KikisGirls, earlier today I ran across something that mentioned a louse that was called "duck louse", but now I can't find it. You wanna see if you can use your super search skills and see if you can find it?
Was it this?
Screen Shot 2018-10-17 at 5.35.57 PM.png

External Parasites which affect ducks - Call Duck Association

or this?
https://bugguide.net/node/view/1313272

Back
Top Bottom