Mites?very sick

joojy

Songster
14 Years
Jun 11, 2008
bloomington indiana
2 year old gray hen if course my favorite. Lays eggs bigger than the duck.i could easily see her skin very red so i treated all for mites cleaned coop. She looked a little better for a few weeks . I have treated her twice since Now last night she is sleeping kn the ground alone. Her vent looks like sticking out and black i sprinkle her. Today she is just sitting put her under warm infra red light She looks bad. Is it possible that only 1 chicken could have mites so bad. There is dirt for them to bath but it has been so wet. I dont want to lose her eyes look greenish. I have 4 8 year old hens. And 3 2 year old grays. How can i worm her? Might-be too late.

What did you use for treating mites? Did you also empty all of the bedding and nests, and spray the roost, nests, and coop with permethrin before adding new bedding? Straw can harbor mites and that is how some bring them in. Are the mites on her both day and night? Can you post a picture of her vent? Is she prolapsed? If you cannbive her 2 ml of Poultry NutriDrench or Poultry Cell daily for a few days, that might help.

I used a poultry spray that was environmentally friendly., She passed already. Her vent was black. I had replaced all the bedding with those horse pellets. 2nd time I treated her with poultry dust. She looked fine 3 days ago except for her red skin showed.

I used a poultry spray that was environmentally friendly., She passed already. Her vent was black. I had replaced all the bedding with those horse pellets. 2nd time I treated her with poultry dust. She looked fine 3 days ago except for her red skin showed.
Red skin doesn't necessarily mean mites.
Are you meaning her belly area was swollen and red?

Back
Top Bottom