Mixed Breed Photo Reference *please read guidelines in first post before adding content*

Pics
Was full black, yes. He died at 9 months protecting his girls from a dog.

I like that look as well, and I really hope the young cockerel pans out as far as behavior.

Last edited:
My goal is a dual purpose landrace, so I'm not paying much attention to color/pattern.

If he turns out to have as good behavior as his father and grandfather, he'll be my roo for this population group, with Marans, Speckled Sussex, and the Biel x JG crosses which are now 4 weeks old.

20240520_170219.jpg

The other population group will theoretically be his brother, with Rangers and Buckeyes.

My goal is a dual purpose landrace, so I'm not paying much attention to color/pattern.

If he turns out to have as good behavior as his father and grandfather, he'll be my roo for this population group, with Marans, Speckled Sussex, and the Biel x JG crosses which are now 4 weeks old.

View attachment 3845080

The other population group will theoretically be his brother, with Rangers and Buckeyes.
How many total chicken you plan on keeping? I started with a group of 1 of each of the regular breeds. I got 11, they are abt 2 months old. I added 3 marans and 2 legbar abt same age. But I know for sure for now I won't keep all in a few years. So far, I like the 1 EE, The welsummer, the BO and love the Marans. I am more of a visual person, so I think a lot of the flock will be replaced with mixes. I am new chicken tender, so I have a lot to learn. But this thread brought me so much joy. I love those chicken who look like they are wearing the 1700 type of trousers 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Back
Top Bottom