Mixed duck and chicken eggs

1goose2ducks

Songster
Mar 17, 2018
I probably shouldn’t have done this, but I was givin eight hatching eggs that she said were chicken and duck, but I don’t know which is which. Anyway if there are chicken eggs they are five days away from hatching and I will stop the rotating in two days, but I don’t want to kill the duck eggs that are ten ish days away. What should I do. Btw all the eggs are large and blue.

Have you tried candling the eggs? You may be able to tell which are almost ready to hatch, and which need a lot more time.

If the outsides of the eggs are the same color and size, and the insides look the same when you candle them, then they are probably all one kind, and should hatch at the same time. That will make things easier for you! Did the candling tell you if they're at lockdown stage or need another week?

Since it will be day twenty one tomorrow I might stop the rotation today to see if any pip then if they don’t I will put them back on rotation. I read they can go three days without rotation.

DD794614-3A0D-404D-A9BF-8733D4191798.jpeg
I
It worked! Four didn’t hatch and they were the larger ones so I put them back on the rotation since I’m guessing they are duck eggs.

Back
Top Bottom