Mixed flock feed for just chickens?

Kaley

Chirping
11 Years
Oct 23, 2010
I have a bald frizzle and I heard that people have had success with supporting feather growth by mixing game bird feed with chicken feed to support feather growth. I was wondering if instead of buying two different bags I could just buy a bag of mixed flock feed

I have a bald frizzle and I heard that people have had success with supporting feather growth by mixing game bird feed with chicken feed to support feather growth. I was wondering if instead of buying two different bags I could just buy a bag of mixed flock feed
If the feed says it's suitable for a mixed flock that includes chickens, then that would be fine.

The main point of adding game bird starter feed is to increase the protein. So you could just buy a chicken food with more protein than what you were feeding before. Chick starter is often a good choice, because it tends to have more protein than most other chicken foods.

I heard that people have had success with supporting feather growth by mixing game bird feed with chicken feed to support feather growth. I was wondering if instead of buying two different bags I could just buy a bag of mixed flock feed
Yep, like NatJ said a Starter-grower feed or a All-Flock/Flock Raiser feed with 18 to 20% Protein is fine with Oyster Shells separately, or Nutrina Feather Fixer, or Kent/BlueSeal Better Feather. GC

Back
Top Bottom