Mixed heritage and birds with dubious parentage thread. (mutts)

Quote:
Love this thread!!!! I've only done two roosters and both ended up skinned. I boiled them, but that's not perfect. I've seen that people bake skinned chicken whole by draping bacon across the top. Yum!!!! I must try that sometime. Ralph, look in Bama1's profile page. She has the best crosses. Large meatie's with blue eggs. Good prices. She also is on the 24 hr auction page. I had committed to buying some eggs but I had to cancel due to the fact that I'm gonna bite the bullet and do the knee surgery first. Bummer. Great buy. Putting my computer in the shop soon so I'll catch you when I can. Love the new thread but don't stay away from the other. hugs.

My daughter made her thanksgiving turkey with bacon wrapped around it. It was delicious.

Here is another mutt. It looks like the mom was a dark Cornish. Don't know the dad. Could be the partridge rock rooster.

My daughter made her thanksgiving turkey with bacon wrapped around it. It was delicious.

Here is another mutt. It looks like the mom was a dark Cornish. Don't know the dad. Could be the partridge rock rooster.

I love that picture!

The look on that chicks face is priceless. I don't know if you ever post on the "what is this chicken thinking" thread, but that picture belongs there! If you post it there let me know I will go look at what others say about it.

I would try to find a rooster or make a rooster like her and raise little hers they are too cute!

The joy of mutts!

I have to figure out who her daddy is lol. I know her mom is dark Cornish. She has the body of one but the color is redder and the lacing is different. My roosters are rsl. Sgd. pr. Slw. Maybe I will post on that thread tomorrow. Knowing my chickens she is probably thinking about food. If I don't have food then they don't want to be bothered with me lol.

I lost an egg today frozen cracked and rolled in wood chips coated with poop..

I thought about fixing it for the wife, then relented and decided to feed it back to the chickens...

I hate having a frozen egg.

I had two chickens in the same nest box today again. I think they have a love hate relationship, there was 2 empty boxes, but they had to sit in the same box.

And to make today worse, I got attacked by a mutt. I reached under her to get the eggs and she became violent. She pecked, pecked and pecked while telling me what she thought of me.

I was offended, until, I sat back and thought about it. If I was sitting on the porcelain throne doing my thing and someone reached under me to see how things were going, I would probably fight back and tell them what I thought of them too.

Quote:
Poor Ralphie, ya just can't win with some women. lol Maybe she wants to go broody? I had my handyman over today to finish my 2nd coop. So cool. Got it finished and looking good. George outdid himself doing extra chores that I needed done so I'm pretty set for a while. So thrilled. Doing my happy dance tonight.

We have a new person interested in Mutts..

Someone texted me today wanting 10 dozen eggs for hatching, Wanted to know what my roosters were, I told them and they still wanted the eggs, Now we see if they come and get them. They were lucky I happen to have 10 dozen ready to hatch.

I decided it was time for some mutt pictures..

so here are some of mine. Feel free to guess at their heritage, I am never sure.

The one above is a baby from my mutts, A guy in St paul bought 3 dozen eggs in Dec and hatched them. I think this is a cutey and I know the father is either a Rainbow, a Black Australorp or a rooster that is red. I think either a production red or RIR but I could be wrong. All I know for sure is his whole comb is nearly frozen off. poor guy. Oh and he hates to be held or petted, so I pet him every night when I lock the coop.

More pictures I will post them in different posts, it seems if I post/write for too long my putor slows down and the letters take 3 seconds each to print on my screen.

Good luck guessing what this one is, I have had people on here tell me about 6 different breeds for her. I have an idea but no one agrees with me.

One of my favorite colored EE,

This is my sweet heart, she is an EE, She is the bottom of the pecking order so I need to watch her closer for signs of abuse. We call her "ICU baby" because she spent 3 weeks in ICU recovering from pecking order disorders.

Another EE. I really like the partridge or mottled look on EEs.

From the side she has a pheasant look, I am fairly sure she is not a pheasant
lau.gif

And here is the best thing of having mutts, the egg cartons a beautiful!

Back
Top Bottom