Mixing batam and standard chicks

Pampered chicken girl

I can't control their fear, only my own
Premium Feather Member
Apr 10, 2022
USA
I am wanting to hatch some seramas and Polish silkie crosses but I also wanting to buy some chicks online, hopefully some standard and bantams. Will they all be okay in the same brooder? I'm only going to have like six chicks in there if we count all of them I also use a brooding plate and I am going to brood them in the bathtub.
Here's the pic my bathtub is pretty large the pic looks a little smaller than it actually is
20220617_170037.jpg

How old would they be?
Day old when I get them or when they are shipped so probably around 2 or 3 days once they get here. I would plan that they hatch where they would be coming out of the incubator when chicks came in. What I could do is hatch the seramas a few days earlier so they get a little head start would that work?

Day old when I get them or when they are shipped so probably around 2 or 3 days once they get here. I would plan that they hatch where they would be coming out of the incubator when chicks came in. What I could do is hatch the seramas a few days earlier so they get a little head start would that work?
I think that sounds like a good idea!

They’ll be fine together. I raised banties and large breed together, still have them, no problems. Like little dogs, bantam chickens don’t see themselves as small.
Okay yes I have adult bantams and standards together and no problem so far, I was just worried that the banties chicks would get trampled by the larger babies

Back
Top Bottom