Mixing chickens

In the new run, do not leave it one big open rectangle where birds can see all of the other birds. Do add platforms, roosts, hideouts, mini walls, hidden food bowls placed so that while eating at one food bowl, they cannot see birds at another food bowl. Add ladders, saw horses, small pieces of plywood.

Then turn them all in at the same time, late afternoon. Adding more to more is the best, and the while there will be dust ups, all together, in new digs, all strangers... I think it will settle very quickly. Do have a crate in case there is one very wicked bird, sometimes there is. If so pull her, but for most of it, let them work it out. The less you interfere the quicker it is settled. Every time you break it up, they start over.

Mrs K
Thanks so I put the two new groups and my old group in late afternoon in the run then put them in house a bit later in house ? Thanks
Oh.
That coop might hold 15.
I hope there's some ventilation other than the one window.

Maybe you can set up your other coops around the run to help with integration.

Where in this world are you located?
Climate, and time of year, is almost always a factor.
Please add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, and then it's always there!
View attachment 2405454
thank I’m new so will look at that thanks still finding my way around the site I’m in the U.K. Liverpool it’s not that cold yet just rainy it gets cold December jan and feb I will check about the ventilation will give them a call tomorrow your right I can’t see any other then the window it’s not here yet only got photo and measurements to go by do you saying that window is not enough ? Thanks for your feed back

Oh.
That coop might hold 15.
I hope there's some ventilation other than the one window.

Maybe you can set up your other coops around the run to help with integration.

Where in this world are you located?
Climate, and time of year, is almost always a factor.
Please add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, and then it's always there!
View attachment 2405454
I zoomed in looks like there is window on both sides so two , is that enough do you think do I keep these open always? Thanks

Back
Top Bottom