Mixing runners with other ducks question?

nao57

Crowing
Mar 28, 2020
So when I was looking at Youtube videos on ducks, in one of the videos this lady had like 5 or 6 runner ducks and also had at least that many normal ducks. But they weren't together, they were separate.

I wondered if this a normal behavior? Do runner ducks not mix with other ducks, if there's enough of the runners to have their own group?

What do you think about this?

Thanks.

Are they quieter than your other ducks also?

And I should have asked also, do they ALWAYS mix or like just some of the time?

Part of asking about this is because my pekings are getting louder than they used to be. Considering replacing them with a breed that can't belch out goose like honks.

Are they quieter than your other ducks also?

And I should have asked also, do they ALWAYS mix or like just some of the time?

Part of asking about this is because my pekings are getting louder than they used to be. Considering replacing them with a breed that can't belch out goose like honks.

They seem a tad bit quieter than most breeds in my experience.

They seem a tad bit quieter than most breeds in my experience.
That sounds cool.

One of my pekins keeps trying to act like a rooster recently. It has me worried about alternatives. (They aren't all doing it but the same 1.)

So your comments are helping me out big time.

Yesterday also my cat went after one of the chickens. I don't know if he was going to go all the way but I caught him sneaking up on it and getting close. I'm not sure what would have happened if I hadn't caught it.

But the weird part is I'm not sure if he was just playing? Like why didn't the cat go after them when I wasn't around? He had plenty of chances to do so when I wasn't there. Cats are weird.

Back
Top Bottom