MN newbie

cluesmom2

Hatching
10 Years
Mar 21, 2009
I'm a MN newbie. Have come to the forum to see what it was all about a few times and finally decided to take the plunge.

I'm retired and live on a small farm with horses, dogs, cats, turkeys, ducks and geese. Oh, and a husband and 20 YO son.

Just started with feathered friends a couple years ago; they are just hilarious. I would like to raise a few rather than buy them.

Welcome. Im glad that you've taken the plunge and signed up!

Chickens are hilarious! But wait until you get ducks..... they are real clowns!!

I don't have chickens... yet! I do have ducks and we sit and watch them in their little pool. Just about fall off our chairs. There will be a few like 3 in the pool and another will get in there and zoom around under water like a torpedo, then they'll all get out of the pool and zoom around the yard, flapping their wings like a bunch of clowns getting out of the clown car.

Then we have the turkeys. Had 3 hens from last years hatch. Went last week and got 2 toms also year old. I am not sure if I am challenging them or what but they display as soon as they see me and they gobble at me. Actually, I talk to them saying (don't laugh)
looda looda loo really fast and they talk right back at me.
Right now they are staying in a stock trailer until they know this is home and as soon as they hear my voice they start gobbling at me.

Now, don't go sending the guys with the shirts with arms that tie in the back after me. I know I am insane but don't want the neighbors to find it out:)

welcome-byc.gif

20760_welcome.jpg

[COLOR=770077]From [/COLOR][COLOR=aa00aa]Old[/COLOR] [COLOR=cc00cc]Town,[/COLOR] [COLOR=ee00ee]Maine[/COLOR]

Back
Top Bottom