MN - Rhode Island Reds wanted

GrayDragon

Chillaxin
10 Years
Sep 2, 2009
Minnesota
Looking for about 6 to start off with. Anyone local have some chicks? Since I'm a beginner, I prefer to start with chicks rather than eggs that need to be incubated.

Where in MN are you?

There is Stromberg's Hatchery in Pine River http://www.strombergschickens.com/stock/stock.php

There
is also Brau's Hatchery in Brainerd
218-764-2655 (they don't have a website)

I also have a couple Black Sex links I would be willing to part with.
edit: my black sex links are 17 weeks and 2 days old and are either laying or getting ready to.

Last edited:
Strombergs doesnt hatch their own chicks they get them from like New Mexico. I was going to drive over and get my chicks when they informed me of that little factoid.

Quote:
I didn't know this... thanks for the info! I know Brau's hatches some and then they also bring some in too.

That is very true. They are just 6 miles from me which is why I went with them, nice and close. This is my first year with chickens and just choose from what they had, I have since decided on a few other breeds that I just HAVE to have.

I'm in Delano. Brainerd is about 120 miles.

There is a Welp's Hatchery that will ship from their location in MN, but I'm not sure I want to go that route.

My husband is in overtime at work, it will be difficult to arrange a drive that would take more than an hour even on Saturdays. Ah well, I'll figure something out.

Last edited:
Ok. If you are interested in a couple of my black sex links let me know.

Good luck on getting your chicks!

Urch/Turnland Poultry 2142 NW 47 Ave. Owatonna, MN 55060 507-451-6782. Duane Urch

Try these folks if you are reasonably close. They have very good Heritage RIR, you will not regret buying these awesome birds. Adrian Rademacher is in the same neck of the woods and has similar stock.

Big dark pullets that stop you in your tracks every time you look at them.

Down side is they do not sex and they are a bit more costly.

Back
Top Bottom