Modeling Nettie's Duck Shoes

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by thedoors5to1, Jan 7, 2010.

1. thedoors5to1

thedoors5to1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2009
    So i received my very lovely duck shoes yesterday from Nettie! (www.indoorducks.com) my baby Pipers been having some issues with the starting signs of bumblefoot.. split skin and such. now he's running around outside with them on. I took some pictures of Piper modeling the shoes before he went outside. I will be posting pictures of him in action in the snow later on... these shoes are super cute and pretty easy to put on. and what matters most is i think they will help his feet heal alot better! i cant wait till his feetsies are healed!!also it keeps his feet warm in the snow, duck snow shoes!!! and he doesnt seem to mind them at ALL. the others looked at them real quick when he went back with them, but after a minute everything was back to normal.. he's just a little slower to start but has picked up speed after having them on all morning!
    Thankyou Nettie!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 7, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  2. froggie71

froggie71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2009
    Shamong, NJ
    Oh he is really a cute drake! He look great in his new shoes. Hope they do the trick!

3. rainplace

rainplace Interstellar Duck Academy

OMG he looks so cute in his new blue shoes!

4. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

[​IMG] Runners are so silly-looking, he looks like he needs a pair of pants next, lol.

5. priss

priss Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 13, 2009
    Isle of Wight
    This will never get old, I swear, there is always room in my life for pictures of ducks in shoes. Thank you for makin me laugh!! Very cute [​IMG]

6. ChickBond 007

ChickBond 007 Licensed to Cull

Feb 26, 2009
    Madison County, Iowa
    those are a GREAT idea. Love the pics. Thanks!

7. NGT ANGL

NGT ANGL Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2009
    Locust Grove, VA
    Beautiful drake...wonderful idea about the shoes......THANK YOU for posting the pic - this put a smile on my face that will stay there for days!!

8. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

Does he walk in them normal, or does he do that crazy thing cats do when they have something on their foot?

9. thedoors5to1

thedoors5to1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2009
    Quote:he walks normal, just a little slower, sometimes steps on the other shoe with the other. he can run in them but looks a little goofy, kinda like a clown in oversized shoes or something. they def take a little time to get used to but Piper can jump onto steps with them on. the only thing he cant do is scratch his eye which is a good thing since he's having eye issues also, bubbles and clear liquid, he scratches at it more than the others scratch thier eyes so i think it'll be good so he doesnt step in poo and then scratch his eye...eh. but nettie sells pairs that can have the toenails out of the shoes, i just chose these cause he needs to keep his feet dry and clean so they heal well.
    thanks for all the comments on my Pipes (short for piper...lol) he seems to be doing a good job showing off netties shoes.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2010
  10. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    OMG! Too darn cute!
    and he wears them with such style too! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by