1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Modern Game hen wanted

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by kenbrackins, Feb 16, 2009.

1. kenbrackins

kenbrackins New Egg

Aug 31, 2008
    Hello,

Kids are chicken crazy. We would like to add a modern game variety to our small flock. (3 silkies, sebright, old english bantam). I heard some of the game type of chickens are very friendly. Any advice appreciated. Eggs or chicks. Thanks a lot!!

2. chickenlady

chickenlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2007
    Stillwater, NJ
    Where are you located? What color are you looking for? How many are you looking for? Modern game bantams are wonderful. My 8 year old carries his around and they dont budge. They seem to enjoy it. They are more friendly than the dutch bantams and old english. You cant go wrong with a modern. What are your plans with the bird(s)? Are you looking to show or just a pet?

3. Slightly Cracked

Slightly Cracked Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2008
    N.E Oklahoma
    My son(10) LOVES [​IMG] his modern game hen. He carrys her around and messes with her ALL the time. He plans to take her to a show on March 7th. He is wanting more, but I am having a hard time finding him any here.
    I believe they are a perfect kids bird!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by