modern game thread! (')>

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Blue Ribbon Bantams, May 27, 2011.

1. Blue Ribbon Bantams

Blue Ribbon Bantams Chillin' With My Peeps

havent seen a modern game thread yet so i decided to post 1! so lets talk moderns!

2. GotGame

GotGame Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2010
    NE of OKC
    theres one on here, just not many modern fans....

3. Blue Ribbon Bantams

Blue Ribbon Bantams Chillin' With My Peeps

wel can we start another? i think ppl would love them if they gave them a chance! i kno i did when i got mine [​IMG]

4. silkielover5

silkielover5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2011
    Hudson WI
    so dubbing....im not a fan of it and i dont think i could do it. i really want to get into breeding modern game bantmas but i dont think i would be able to dub them....do you think my vet would do it

5. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    Quote:Your vet wouldn't do it, even if they did I bet they wouldn't know how to do it correctly for showing.

Chris

6. silkielover5

silkielover5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2011
    Hudson WI
    she has chickens and shows them too....i love the breed but there is no way im cutting off wattles and the comb

7. blackred

blackred Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2007
    Blue Texas
    Quote:Then just show the pullets and not dub the males. For the most part it is the pullets that win the most except when it comes to BB reds. They are the easiest to train and show also.
    The only problem you will have is when they start to lay they don't show as well

8. fowlsessed

fowlsessed Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 16, 2011
    east Tennessee
    are they "game"? and really fragile? They don't do good in cold either, right?
    Quote:

Last edited: Dec 12, 2011
  9. Jdcartee87

Jdcartee87 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 6, 2011
    LOVE MODERNS!!!!! I had some a while back as a junior, brown reds, and birchens. Just got back into show poultry I have black, brownd red, and blue old english. Almost bought some lemon blue moderns...wish i would've now

10. RHRanch

RHRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

I have Lavender Moderns. I love them, my parents love them. They are like little pigeons or something. They are not too game, the Roos I have seldom squabble with each other, although they were raised together, that could make a difference. They are bright, inquisitive, friendly and very sweet. They make excellent pets.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by