Modified Horse Stall coop/run: DONE!

vortec

Songster
10 Years
Jan 29, 2009
Martin County, NC
I finally finished up my coop and run this week after several days of working late into the night and over 250 nylon ties, lol! I am extremely proud of it and will soon modify another stall to house the flock as they grow and expand. This will hold 30 chicks, in a couple brooders. Let me know what you think:

1.jpg

This coop is hawk proof as it has a lid over both the door and the top of the run. It is also surrounded by a horse pasture.
2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

vortec

gig.gif
wee.gif
Patrick,what a great job you have done.When u get a chance,come on down here and help me.You know where we live so I know you can find us.I need some help badly...Got to get the ducks out tomorrow and fix a cover for them,plus make a bigger runn for them .One that will be very secure this time.We need some wood or dog boxes to put the ducks in at night.Or some type of coop to put our new borns in too.We have got silkies ,seramas,sultans,and I don`t know what else.But the ducks are not babys no more......They got to go outside.....Proud of your new job,it looks great!!!!!! Take care,Sandra and Preston
thumbsup.gif

Awesome idea.

Just a thougth, use the black zipties because the white ones will break down worse in the sun. I had a wiring guy tell me that when he found out I was using wire ties. Just watch them.

Quote:
Thanks guys for all of the replies. Fudgie, I will keep this in mind as they need replacement and I will watch them closer in the mean time. One good thing about using zip ties is that they are cheap to replace and use. Thanks again

vortec

Back
Top Bottom