Modifying my Hovabator....

Grog

Chirping
8 Years
Oct 1, 2011
can i remove the CRAPPY thermostat that comes with it and wire in a digital? And will it actually work better? Oh my incubator is still air.

I dont know why you couldn't I will say this, if you mess with electrical devices you increase the risk of it starting a fire since it was designed to operate with the included equipment

If you work out how to do it - please PLEASE let me know how! My hovabator has a been rather naughty this hatch with temp swings of 4 degrees (98 to 102 spose isn't too bad but I read people having .2 of a swing and want me some of that!) and I have a digital thermostat that is way more reliable. I could plug the bator straight into that but then as the heat goes on and off - so would the fan and I dont think that is ideal. Hope you work it out
smile.png

Quote:
you have to wire the fan out of the thersotat loop. then it will stay on all the time.

I did find several thermos on Ebay just now plus a great kit to make a incubator

http://www.ebay.com/itm/IncuKit-4-C...t=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item84b873278f

is the link for the kit

But for 100$ you can buy a Octagon 20 Eco. A Ranco ETC111000 is a good option too and runs not prewired only 60$. A Computer fan is maybe 5$ and a cable for that can be found for .50$ at Goodwill

Back
Top Bottom