Mohawk Rhode Island Red Line

Cindiloohoo

Quiet as a Church Mouse
14 Years
Dec 19, 2009
Southwest TN
I’m just getting back into “chickening” and bought 3 Mohawk line RIR pullets tonight. No Roos were available ☹️ Looking to find a reputable breeder to buy a roo for these girls very soon. If anyone has any or knows of someone with any please tag them in this post!! That said I’M EXCITED!! If I can’t find a roo for them they’ll be my sex link breeders until I do, crossed with an old fashioned Dominique roo. I really want to focus on these two breeds exclusively! Can’t wait for Spring and hatching some baby chicks from these gorgeous girls!! No pics because it’s dark and frigid tonight and was when I picked them up sadly. Come on Spring!!!

I’m just getting back into “chickening” and bought 3 Mohawk line RIR pullets tonight. No Roos were available ☹️ Looking to find a reputable breeder to buy a roo for these girls very soon. If anyone has any or knows of someone with any please tag them in this post!! That said I’M EXCITED!! If I can’t find a roo for them they’ll be my sex link breeders until I do, crossed with an old fashioned Dominique roo. I really want to focus on these two breeds exclusively! Can’t wait for Spring and hatching some baby chicks from these gorgeous girls!! No pics because it’s dark and frigid tonight and was when I picked them up sadly. Come on Spring!!!
What do you mean by “Mohawk line”? Do you mean crested? I’ve never heard of those.

No, they are not crested. They are a strain of RIRs. I believe they originally wre bred by a man named Reese. Robert Blosl promoted them. Mr. Blosl may have been the originator of the Mohawk line of RIR bantams. They are a top notch line of the old RIRs.

No, they are not crested. They are a strain of RIRs. I believe they originally wre bred by a man named Reese. Robert Blosl promoted them. Mr. Blosl may have been the originator of the Mohawk line of RIR bantams. They are a top notch line of the old RIRs.
Huh, interesting. I wonder where the name came from.

Back
Top Bottom