Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by nismo, Aug 8, 2009.
i have a loaf of molding bread. can i feed it to my chickens?
Chickens are sensitive to moldy food and it can actually amke them very sick.
No. A good rule is, if food is old enough that it is healthy but unappealing, that's fine; but if it isn't safe for you, it probably isn't good for them either. Sorry. I hate to throw away food, too.
As a rule, I don't feed mine any spoiled or moldy food, never. Why risk making them sick?
I would put the moldy food in the compost pile and/or the worm bin, if you have them. IF you don't have them, perhaps it is something you MIGHT consider.