Molly has gone missing!

kaybats

Songster
8 Years
Jun 4, 2011
Went out to the coops this morning to let everyone out and do routine chores....everyone accounted for....

Went back to the house for breakfast and what-not....about an hour or so as usual, then back out to the barn. Did routine head count.....someone was missing! Molly! I couldn't find Molly! I looked EVERYWHERE.

Whenever I go back to the house and come back, everyone usually comes arunnin' because they think I might have treats (cuz I usually do). But no Molly!

I should tell you that it took me a very, VERY long time to leave them alone while I ran back to the house for something or other. When I first started to let them free range, I would pack a lunch, my laptop, a stitching project (why I took this I'll never know...I was always way too busy playing with my babies to ever pick it up once) and whatever else I thought I might need. If I forgot something, I did without it. I watched them like a hawk every minute and was a compulsive head-counter.

Ever so gradually "I" was able to leave them for longer and longer periods of time...never more than a couple of hours or so though. Especially when the weather was bad. My girls couldn't care less what the weather is....They like to be OUT.

Now I'm afraid again. There are absolutely no signs (feathers, pieces, parts, etc). I know there are predators that leave none...I just can't think of which ones they are....

I can only hope that she just went off and got a little lost and will find her way back again. Which would be odd because unless one is laying, my 3 oldest RIR's hang closely with their roo. Sigh.

Still no sign of Molly
hit.gif

Guess I'll lock up and go back to the house.......
sad.png

So sad. This sounds just like our story. A hawk had dragged one just down under the hill right behind our house. It was a very brave attack & now the girls are locked up almost constantly. At least they're alive. But now the hawk is getting even more brazen, actually saw it standing outside their run, looking in. Sigh. I hope your Molly turns up alive & well! I was getting ready to give my daughter a baby shower & got distracted. That's all it took. It sure put a damper on my happiness because I take my responsibilities very seriously. :(

Thanks you guys. I'm gonna search more in the morning. there are so many places around here where she could be hiding.

Back
Top Bottom