Molting ?

Nguel3812

In the Brooder
Jul 18, 2020
My Barrack Rock has always kind of had this since a couple months ago is this molting ? She also has Poop stuck around her butt I need to bath her & take it off but is this normal?

Attachments

• 8C6ADEB5-A0ED-4C63-A61E-55495A765C41.jpeg
    8C6ADEB5-A0ED-4C63-A61E-55495A765C41.jpeg
    884.3 KB · Views: 19
  • 2E166E28-5BF7-47CE-ADB3-F0DA692E0D5B.jpeg
    2E166E28-5BF7-47CE-ADB3-F0DA692E0D5B.jpeg
    690.2 KB · Views: 14
I do but I have had him separate for about a week or two now since he was getting aggressive. Do you think she’s still recovering from that or something ?

Did the feather loss start only after he was removed? Thats when I'd worry. If it was present while they were all together it sounds like he was his 'favorite wife' so to say and she lost some feathers from it, they'll grow back eventually although it might not be super quick, takes a lot to grow feathers :D

Yup. Looks like rooster activity. I separated my boy from the flock back in March (one of my hens had a huge gash on her side that resulted in expensive surgery - totally worth it, though). Poor Gerard is just a big boy (Buff Orpington), and now lives in a pen connected to the main coop/run but with no access to the girls (so he has to get cuddles from me now :)).
Anyhoo, most of my girls had the missing/broken back feathers from him, and some STILL have yet to molt and regrow them, so yeah, it might take a while :eek:.

Yup. Looks like rooster activity. I separated my boy from the flock back in March (one of my hens had a huge gash on her side that resulted in expensive surgery - totally worth it, though). Poor Gerard is just a big boy (Buff Orpington), and now lives in a pen connected to the main coop/run but with no access to the girls (so he has to get cuddles from me now :)).
Anyhoo, most of my girls had the missing/broken back feathers from him, and some STILL have yet to molt and regrow them, so yeah, it might take a while :eek:.
Thank you! That helps out a lot :))

Thank you! That helps out a lot :))
This is My rooster currently separated lol. Do you think this is frost bite? I live in TX where the weather changes between hot & cold. He also just recovered from Fowl pox about a couple months ago... do you think this is still affecting?

Attachments

• 8FAB8E7B-A373-47CE-B00C-17DD4DA3BB50.jpeg
    8FAB8E7B-A373-47CE-B00C-17DD4DA3BB50.jpeg
    538.1 KB · Views: 12

Back
Top Bottom