Momma rabbit stop feeding bunnies

silly4buttons

Crowing
10 Years
Jul 5, 2013
Billerica Ma
Momma was good intill this week they are 3/12 weeks old. They dont have the full belly anymore. They are happy to see her but she’s like nah not today :th they eat the hay and rabbit pellets and drink water They are running and Pop Corning all over the place too cute. Should I try goat milk? I would put in a bowl instead of bottled feeding since they are used to mom feeding them. I just want to make sure they are healthy so they can go to their new homes

One thing you might try. There used to be a product called Foal Lac or something. I don't know if it is still available. It was for orphan foals and it was essentially pelleted milk. You could also mix powdered milk with the pellets. Personally, I think if they are hopping around, eating, and active they are all right. Now if they look gaunt, are huddled up in a corner, that is a different story but from what you posted that is not the case here.

not goat milk, kitten milk re-placer. and baby rabbits should be nursing until 5- 7 weeks, are you going to try to hand feed them? if not you can lay the rabbit on its back on your lap and hold is scruff so it will stay still and not wiggle around, then place the baby rabbits near the mama rabbits nipples and the baby's should eat but the baby's only need to nurse for about 5 minutes a time.
also the more the rabbits grow into them selves you wont really be able to see how full or empty the baby's stomachs are.

Back
Top Bottom